Sunday 19 March 2017

Cattle Egret

I started today off at Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham where there was a big selection of birds to look at , with the stand out bird being the 1st winter Little Gull that was still performing well but once again quite a long way from the hide , also seen were 30+ Northern Pintail ( in my view one of our best looking ducks ) , 3 Little Grebe , 60+ Bar-Tailed Godwit , a Green Sandpiper and around 30+ Common Sand Martin .
The influx of Cattle Egret in Britain this winter is amazing and news of another two seen in a field with Little Egrets near Powderham Church saw me making the journey to have a look at them , they looked very alert so I stayed well away from them and I could only manage to get this long distance shot of them .

No comments:

Post a Comment