Sunday 1 October 2017

Frustration

Local patch birding can sometimes lead to frustration and today was one of those days . As I got to my patch around the bushes on Bowling Green Marsh around 8 o/clock , I walked down the path towards the viewing platform and I picked up the call of a Yellow-Browed Warbler in the trees towards Riversmeet House , I then heard it call from the reedbed and the last time it called was from the trees by the main path but it left me frustrated as I couldn't manage to see it and I never heard it call again .
But I did see 10-15 Common Chiffchaff , 2 Blackcap , 12 Meadow Pipit , a Grey Wagtail , a fly over calling Yellow Wagtail , my 1st ever Common Skylark on the marsh ( I know I`m a tart lol ) , a Eurasian Sparrowhawk , a Common Raven and a small Tit flock comprising of European Blue Tit , Great Tit , Long-Tailed Tit and a few Goldcrest .

No comments:

Post a Comment