Monday 5 March 2018

Black-Necked Grebe

I was out at first light this morning in hope that the Black-Necked Grebe that was found on the Exeter Canal yesterday had stayed the night , and after I had parked the car up and waded through the flooded road on the Exminster Marshes I made my way to where it was last seen yesterday and I was soon pleased with my effort as the bird was still there and showing down to a few feet at times . I put the news out and was soon joined by mate Charlie Flemming who was also glad to get the opportunity to get up close to this bird .
At around 7.30 I also found some Bearded Reedlings in the Exe Reedbeds with 2 seen in flight while another was out of sight but was calling loudly ! . Also seen was the strange sight of a Water Rail perched on top of a bramble clump .

No comments:

Post a Comment