Monday 19 March 2018

Corn Bunting

I looked out of my upstairs window this morning and saw 6 Hawfinch in the Topsham Cemetery Grounds but they flew off towards the Clyst Marshes . Later in the day I had a call telling me that there was a Corn Bunting in the top fields of Gore Lane in Exmouth ( Thanks Matt ) , so I contacted my mate Andy and off we went to see if we could catch up with it , we arrived and Matt Knott the finder of the bird was still there and soon got us onto the bird , that was the first one that I have seen in Devon since 2010 .
We then walked down to the Geoneedle area of Orcombe Point where a couple of displaced European Golden Plover were showing very well , it was quite strange to see these birds walking around the point and even a few walkers were taking in the beauty of these superb birds . We then walked back to the car seeing a few Fieldfare on the way .

No comments:

Post a Comment